As a traditional organization with core program values as originally developed by Lord Baden-Powell, we are uniquely and proudly a uniformed organization. The uniform helps build a feeling of belonging, responsibility and self discipline. We are not in any way a military type of organization.
The uniform that our members wear consists of:
- Uniform shirt (tan for males and light blue for females)
- Group neckerchief with a woggle
- Leather belt with the following attachments:
- A clip with rope (for Timber Wolves only)- worn on left side
- Leather pouch (for Timber Wolves only) - worn on left side containing the Section handbook (for Timber Wolves - it's the "Mowgli" hand book!)
- Clip with a one decade Rosary - worn on right side
- Shorts and knee socks (please note - track pants can be worn over uniform shorts and knee socks to and from indoor meetings or events for removal on arrival during colder weather)
- Skorts and knee socks for our female members. (please note - track pants can be worn over skorts and knee socks to and from indoor meetings or events for removal on arrival during colder weather)
WHY FULL UNIFORM?
Our FNE Explorer program is winning and unique. Collectively we install a sense of belonging and responsibility. After all, when one joins our FNE Explorer movement, one joins a very unique, special and exciting youth organization that offers a program second to none.
The complete uniform effectively helps instill this message to our youth and adult members. When you join a team - dress to look like a team - a winning organization! The current uniform is versatile and wears well. For our FNE program based male members, uniform shorts and traditional knee socks are worn. There are no knees to tear or wear out. They are cooler for active and summer events. They last longer before needing to be replaced due to natural growth in our youth members. For our female members skorts with knee socks are worn.
During colder weather, track pants can be worn over shorts / skorts to and from meetings/indoor for removal on arrival so that all members are properly wearing their uniform. Full and complete FSE uniform is a membership requirement within our FNE Explorer family. Uniforms are owned by the group and are ordered through the Group Leader.
Information pertaining to all programs can be found below.